On June 6, 2011, some of our staff volunteered their appetites to choose the winning sandwich to be served to thousands of Canadians at our annual Great Canadian Chicken BBQ on Canada Day.
The Royal Gala was top choice but the Coronation sandwich was also absolutely delicious, which made the judging process very difficult. Just because we’re not serving this other tasty sandwich on Canada Day doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give it a try, so here’s the recipe for all to enjoy!
The Coronation Sandwich
- ½ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp of Tarragon
- ½ tsp of Grainy Mustard
- 1/3 Cup of Peach & Orange Puree
- ¼ cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Salt, Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of Horseradish
- 6-5oz Breast of Chicken
- 1 Head of Romaine or Green Leafy Lettuce
- 6 Sesame Buns
- Thinly Sliced Dill Pickles
- Add all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place all the chicken breasts in marinade cover and let sit in refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Remove as much of the marinade from chicken as possible. (This will help reduce the flare-up smoke)
- Grill the chicken breasts on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until the internaltemperature reaches 165 ˚C.
- Mix the mayonnaise and horseradish in a small bowl.
- Spread a dollop of sauce on each side of the bun.
- Place chicken breast lettuce and pickles on bun.