If you’re not sure how to entertain your family this weekend, why not have your closest amigos over for a Cinco de Mayo celebration? After a long work week, this fun celebration full of vibrantly colored decorations is sure to brighten-up everyone’s week.
Here are some tips on hosting a Cinco de Mayo Party.
- Keep things colorful with streamers and balloons. These are an inexpensive way to decorate and you can find them at your local dollar store in a wide range of colors.
- Make paper flowers like these and attach then to the streamers or use them to make an inviting wreath for your front door.
- Place a big glass bowl or vase full of limes as table center piece.
- Decorate with small cacti or succulent plants which will also be used as party favours.
- Have a guacamole or salsa contest. Have your guests bring a bowl of their favourite homemade guacamole or salsa and have them choose a favourite. You can also do a favourite Mexican recipe exchange.
- You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy hitting a piñata but for today, leave it to the kids. It’ll keep them entertained while the adults sit back and relax. Here’ a great video on how to make a piñata.
Don’t forget to dance to some good salsa and mariachi!
Mexican Chicken Recipes
These sophisticated tostadas are the perfect treat to enjoy with a frozen margarita.
This chicken chili is perfect served in a soft tortilla. Have guest chose their own toppings of lettuce, tomato, grated cheese, guacamole, green onions and cilantro.
Who doesn’t love nachos? They are easy to prepare and ready in minutes and they’ll be gobbled-up in no time so double up on the ingredients!
These little gems can also be made into regular sized burgers. Prepare the patties the night before and either grill them on the BBQ or bake them in the oven.
For more recipe ideas visit us at http://chicken.ca/recipes/
What are your plans for Cinco de Mayo? Let us know in the comments.