- Trusted answers from The Hospital for Sick Children
- In Canada, like in many other parts of the world, obesity funding, research, prevention and treatment strategies remain uncoordinated in a fragmented population of players. It is in this context that the Canadian Obesity Network- Réseau canadien en obésité (CON-RCO) was established as a Networks of Centres of Excellence New Initiative in 2006. The network is a registered not-for-profit corporation.
- The Women's College Research Institute (WCRI) is an multidisciplinary research institute based at the historic Women's College Hospital. We are one of only a few hospital-based institutes world-wide to focus on women's health and the only Canadian hospital to have created such a resource. We are home to international leaders studying many aspects of women's health including breast cancer, musculoskeletal health, and the impact of violence and trauma.
- To promote and protect the health of Canadians through leadership, partnership, innovation and action in public health.
- Leading the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while working to find a cure
- Health Canada is the Federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health, while respecting individual choices and circumstances.
- Dietitians of Canada (DC) is the national professional association for dietitians, representing almost 6000 members at the local, provincial and national levels. DC is one of the largest organizations of dietetic professionals in the world.